Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy!

Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy together!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

10 foodie questions

I saw this on a few blogs this morning and it sounded like fun.  Music Wednesday coming up later are you excited? I am! 

1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked?   Indian food, for some reason I always thought it would be gross but it is totally awesome
2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones?  Bon Appetite, Cooking Light
3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook?Salt and Pepper, onions, my garlic oil and coriander (I love this spice)
4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult?  Beets, doesn't every child hate beets....I love pickled beets now.  Eggplant, it has taken me years to love eggplant! 
5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird? Potato chips and baked beans are perfect harmony together and I don't care who thinks it is weird. 
6. What is the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever cooked with? I once bought this weird squash looking thing at a farmer's market...I don't remember the name but oh it was gross.
7. Do you have any major food allergies? Sadly no, I wish I had any allergy to chocolate though! 
8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try?  Lobster, something about killing it while cooking it. And fresh fish, you have to take the eye out....I have a thing about eyes! Cow tongue as well, something about it is gross! And mousse I have yet to make a mousse because it always seems so time consuming, gotta get on that! 
9. Do you bake? I bake bread, and one dessert a week.....but I mostly bake chicken and fish does that count? 
 10. If you could go on any “foodie” show to compete, which one would it be, and why? TV? Who has time to watch tv? I guess Hell's Kitchen Ramsay makes me laugh! 

So now it is your turn...what's the weirdest ingredients you have ever cooked with? 

No comments: