Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy!

Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy together!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Peanut Butter Buttercream Doughnuts


so remember yesterday I said I was going to make doughnuts out of the leftover garlic knot bread.   Well I decided to take it a step farther and put some peanut butter buttercream in between and a drizzle of nutella on top inspired by dutch monkey doughnuts.....Can you just kill me now? Seriously, I thought I'd try and see how it came out...let's just say dutch monkey if you are looking for a new cook hire me...because these were almost exactly the same....well at least the filling and that is all that matters anyways. right? 
Okay so it's not beautiful...remember I'm not a photographer people....and the plate is dirty....but who cares? This was like heaven on a plate! It was a little smaller than my palm so I can have another one tonight. YES! YES! I am eagerly awaiting....in fact I'm thinking about skipping dinner and going straight to this. No, Ree, no!
Peanut Butter Buttercream Doughnuts
  • Use this bread dough recipe or your favorite
  • 8 tbsp warm unsalted butter
  • 2/3 cup peanut butter (I used jiffy all natural for perfection)
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • nutella and chopped peanuts to taste
  1. Make your dough, let it rest about 2 days in fridge
  2. Make little balls of dough (flatten out) and put in a little vegetable oil...fry about 3 min or until golden brown
  3. Drain on paper towel. Dust with a little powdered sugar. Let cool completely
  4. Mix with hand mixer buttercream ingredients together (butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, salt) until light brown
  5. Put buttercream in between two doughnuts, drizzle with warmed nutella and nuts
  6. MMMM! Kill me now!

That's all for day folks! 
Have you ever re-created something you got at a restaurant? What and how did it come out?

No comments: