so remember yesterday I said I was going to make doughnuts out of the leftover garlic knot bread. Well I decided to take it a step farther and put some peanut butter buttercream in between and a drizzle of nutella on top inspired by dutch monkey doughnuts.....Can you just kill me now? Seriously, I thought I'd try and see how it came out...let's just say dutch monkey if you are looking for a new cook hire me...because these were almost exactly the same....well at least the filling and that is all that matters anyways. right?
Okay so it's not beautiful...remember I'm not a photographer people....and the plate is dirty....but who cares? This was like heaven on a plate! It was a little smaller than my palm so I can have another one tonight. YES! YES! I am eagerly awaiting....in fact I'm thinking about skipping dinner and going straight to this. No, Ree, no!
Peanut Butter Buttercream Doughnuts
- Use this bread dough recipe or your favorite
- 8 tbsp warm unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (I used jiffy all natural for perfection)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- nutella and chopped peanuts to taste
- Make your dough, let it rest about 2 days in fridge
- Make little balls of dough (flatten out) and put in a little vegetable oil...fry about 3 min or until golden brown
- Drain on paper towel. Dust with a little powdered sugar. Let cool completely
- Mix with hand mixer buttercream ingredients together (butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, salt) until light brown
- Put buttercream in between two doughnuts, drizzle with warmed nutella and nuts
- MMMM! Kill me now!
That's all for day folks!
Have you ever re-created something you got at a restaurant? What and how did it come out?