Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy!

Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy together!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Feb 1 menu planning and fun potty times

 Afternoon bloggers! Today I went to the gym and was planning on heading to walmart for a few groceries. BUT while buckling Enzo into his car seat to head to walmart from the gym, he announces, "I need to pee." Ok do you really need to now. "No I wanna hold it until we get home." "Can we just go here at the gym?" "NO (a how dare you ask me kind of no)  HOME." So we start out, and when we were almost home. He says "I have to go now." I say "how about the grocery store?" "NO HOME!! DRIVE FASTER!" I promptly pull into the publix parking lot, grab a cart, throw them in it, frantically run around the store looking for a loo, (I love that word. just funny.) almost knock over a poor old lady who was just not moving fast enough. Finally find the loo (still funny) grab everyone, run in, proceeded to undress a screaming yelling child (I wanna go AT HOME!), put him on the potty and victory!!! WE MADE IT! So we shopped at publix instead, I spent an extra $10 then normal but it was worth. Plus, chobani yogurt was on sale for 10 for 10. WOO! I love a good deal.

Anyways this week's menu:


Mon: pasta with vegetables and goat cheese (does anyone else love goat cheese)
Tue: roast beef sandwiches and pasta salad
Wed: spaghetti squash with red sauce, chicken (haven't decided yet some sort of chicken)
Thurs: mulligatawny soup and salad
Fri: turkey, green bean casserole (healthy version), mash potatoes
Sat: leftovers turkey sandwiches
Sun: as always its a undecided day
Mon: turkey casserole
Desert: delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe I found on cottage homestead
They looked so good and healthy I just can't resist trying them. And they will help curb the cravings.

Last week I stayed on menu pretty good. Except I added some homemade southwest eggrolls in there and some ice cream (Oh ice cream how you tempt me so!) but it was just little. I also had one slip of Wendy's. What is it about when you are out you feel like you need to just pick up lunch?  It's a bad habit I have picked up and I just can't stop it. I didn't even realize what I was doing until it was done. Oh well I only did it the once and kept reminding myself not to for the rest of the week.


Workout Plan:
Mon: Run 1 mintue/ walk 1 minute times 5 walk 3.6 incline 3.0 20 minutes and weight training
2 short workout, 100 leg crunches, 20 min total of stretching, 40 lunges, 40 squats, 40 bicep curls
Tue: Run 1 minute/ Walk 1 minute times 10, walk 3.6 10 minutes and weight training
2 short workout, 100 leg crunches, 20 min total of stretching, 40 lunges, 40 squats, 40 bicep curls
Wed: workout video followed by wii workout
2 short workout, 100 leg crunches, 20 min total of stretching, 40 lunges, 40 squats, 40 bicep curls, 10 sit ups
Thurs: Run 2 minute/ Walk 1 minute X 5, walk 3.6 15 minutes and weight training
2 short workout, 100 leg crunches, 20 min total of stretching, 40 lunges, 40 squats, 40 bicep curls
Fri: Run 2 minute/ Walk 1 minutes X 10 walk 3.6 15 minutes and stretching, ab work
2 short workout, 100 leg crunches,20 min total of stretching, 40 lunges, 40 squats, 40 bicep curls
Sat: 30 minute walk
2 short workout, 100 leg crunches, 20 min total of stretching
Sun: just stretching maybe a yoga dvd ( I love yoga if you haven't tried it you must, it helps me center and refocus)

Last week I was unable to make it the gym most days because Cooper was still having problems breathing but was able to get a good run and some weight training at home. So the 5k schedule is still on. Now I just have to find a 5k to run in 2 months. Any ideas?


Still on Matthew 6-7 there is just so much here to learn! I love that God gave us 10 commandments and then this to build on those, don't you? Do you base your life on society's rules or God's rules? 

4 comments:

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun said...

Chobani is on sale at Publix?! Oh goody. They had it 10 for 10 at Kroger too so I got quite a few...but Publix has the better flavors. May have to make a pit stop.

And I always laugh at the word "loo" too. Hehehe.

caree said...

isn't it funny that every time you take the kiddos somehwere, they have to pee?? I mean, I always make my 3.5 son pee before we go anywhere and he STILL always has to pee every.single.time.

Emily Guy Birken said...

I'm making your baked french fries recipe for dinner tonight. Excited!

Marie said...

@Tina I know I got pomegrante and raspberry my favorites
@caree mine normally goes 5 times a day at like perfect intervals I don't know how this happened but it sure is nice, so this was a rare occurence which I'll probably see more of now that I've said he goes at regular times

@EGB I hope the fries come out good for you!