Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy!

Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy together!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cranberry Apple Grilled Cheese

So last night I totally lost track of time and had to make a quick dinner.  I found some cheese, bread, a couple of apples, and some leftover cranberry sauce.  I thought grilled cheese with some apple on the side. But as I was cutting and preparing I had an idea ( why not just put it all in the same sandwich) and that is where this beautiful sandwich came from.

6 slices of whole wheat bread
2 apples (green preferrably)
1/2 can of jellied cranberry sauce
6-7 oz of colby jack or provolone cheese
some margarine for spreading

take two pieces of bread and lightly butter one side of each
then layer cheese, apple, cranberry sauce, cheese
throw it in a hot pan until it is barely sizzling or light brown
flip and repeat on other side
Repeat until all bread is gone

Delicious! Simple, easy, and if you microwave up some frozen veggies along side a nice balanced meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!!! I'm obviously up late trying to distract myself from the undoubtedly fake contractions that won't leave me alone.

And I wanted to leave a comment but had to do it using my old Wordpress account. I would recommend checking your comment settings to see if you can use Name/URL as an option. It helps make commenting easier for people. :)