There are three recipes in this one. The pork roast is great on its own in tacos, rices, roll ups, sandwiches, or any kind of dish, but it is especially good after it is made into cuban pork. so yummy!
- some sort of pork roast I used a 2.5 lb pork loin b/c it was on sale
- 1tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tsp whole coriander or 1/2 tsp ground
- 1 tsp thyme or 1/2 tsp ground
- 1 tsp cumin seeds or 1/2 tsp ground
- Put all your ingredients in pot and cook on low for 3-4 hours or in a crock pot on low for about 8 hours.
- Let it rest in pot for about an hour
Easy right? RIGHT!
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 lb cooked pork cubed
- 2-3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- oil salt pepper
- Add your oil to a skillet and heat, add your onion for about 1 minute just to start it cooking
- Add pork and cilantro, cook for a few minutes or until brown
- Add lime juice, salt and pepper
- Serve on yellow rice with some peas, or in tacos, or wraps
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of long grain rice
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/8 tsp annato powder (I couldn't find this until later and just omitted it and it was still really good)
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp margarine or butter
- juice of one lime
- pepper to taste
- Throw all your ingredients except the lime and pepper in a pot with a lid and let boil for about 20-30 minutes
- Add your lime and pepper to taste and serve
Ok this is like the easy, tastiest rice ever!
Enjoy this delicious dinner! I know it will be reliving many times in this house!
Now I'm off to enjoy nap time and maybe A taste of Forsyth later!
How do you like your pork? I'm not a big pork fan but this is definitely tasty.