Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy!

Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy together!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

solar panels

So I saw a groupon for solar panels today and its a pretty good deal. But I was wondering what you all thought of solar panels. If you have any, if anyone you know has them? If yes, then what do you think, is it a good choice, what kind of maintenance, who did you buy from, does it help a lot with the bills? 
We currently have a waste oil heater (who I lovingly call Luda, because she is loud and saves us a lot of mula) in our house for the winter and it really really cuts down on our gas bill....$200 a month in the winter and overall brings down the price for the whole year about $1200 for the whole year, that's a lot of mula. I don't think this is the best choice for everyone because 1. it is loud! 2. it requires waste oil 3. it can be smelly occasionally, normally when first starting it up for the year 4. it does require maintenance, that my husband does for us. Soo it is a good choice for us because we have access to all of these things, and the noise is definitely worth it.

Now solar panels, seem easier and less of a hassle. But there is the cost and I'm sure there is other things, I don't know about. So Let me know what you think. or if you are considering solar panels as well?

No comments: