Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy!

Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy together!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Spaghetti squash with red sauce

So I've had this spaghetti squash sitting on my counter for about 2 weeks now. My son picked it at the grocery store the other day and I decided to give it a try. Now I've made things with spaghetti squash before but never anything "kid" friendly (at least something Enzo would eat). Anyways I saw it everyday and kept thinking of what to do with it. And then someone posted how to microwave spaghetti squash and darn it if I can't remember who. Sorry whoever you are out there! I saw this mystery post and almost jumped for joy. Who would of thought "red" sauce or marinara sauce on SPAGHETTI squash? Duh!

So I took this mystery posters recipe of microwaving the squash. Which was literally taking the whole squash putting in a microwave save dish with some water and microwaving 16 minutes. Hers was much better explained with pictures. Oh mystery poster who are you?

Anyways after microwaving, cut in half, pull out the seeds, and fork out the squash. It looks like skinny spaghetti, but tastes like squash.

Last step, top it with your "red" sauce or marinara and some parm cheese and serve!

So easy and delicious! And even Enzo ate a whole bowl!

Now I've healthified spaghetti! Yes!

Have you ever had duh moment? I know I have them all the time!

Matthew 8:8-10 Do you think of yourself as a servant to Jesus?
I think of myself as his servant but find it hard to act like his servant all the time. 


Enjoy your day everyone!

No comments: