Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy!

Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy together!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The secret weapon and training


This goes into about every meal I make. I only have to make it once a month. And it is super easy!
It's Garlic Oil! Ok so maybe its not something you should eat, like an apple,  but it adds so much flavor to almost all of my meals. I use it in place of almost every meal that calls for oil. It mostly olive oil, too, so at least it is good for you.
Garlic Oil
  • 3 garlic heads
  • 1 1/2 cups of extra virgin olive oil (I use ybarra)
  • 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
  • salt
  • juice of 1 lemon
  1. Peel all your garlic cloves (I've never tried the pre-peeled garlic, it might work)
  2. Put in a 8x8 glass baking dish (glass helps the garlic not to burn so easily)
  3. Add your oils and a pinch of salt and lemon juice
  4. Bake 250 for 1 1/2-2 hours or until it looks like this
  5. Put garlic in a jar and refrigerate, put oil in bottles (can be left out)
  6. Add to chicken, salads, potatoes, vegetables, stir frys, the possibilities are endless.
The training with the trainer went well. He was nice and gave me a few helpful hints. He said my running style was good, the fast and then slow supposedly helps you burn off body fat! YEAH! Now why are you  still there you pesky body fat.  I guess my metabolism just hadn't kicked in quite yet. Let me tell you it certainly has now. I could literally eat all day long. Of course all my meals are little and healthy but I am quite tired of feeding myself.
He also said my ideal weight because of my muscle mass and body shape is 150-160. WOW! Really that high! I know that in the past, I have always felt my best here. If I ever got under it, I was literally starving all day long. But really that high. Not that it really matters to me. I am happy with just being healthy and enjoying life and food.
I tried to explain to him that I have no weight loss goals or upcoming things that I want to look "good" for. You should of seen the look on his face. Pure bewilderment. (I should of told him I thought I already looked pretty good) I got the whole goals are good to have, something to work towards speech. I know they are its just weight goals are not for me. I get consumed by it, if I eat one bad thing, I have failed. If I didn't work out everyday that week, I failed. I just want to work towards being healthier. He was still totally lost. But that's ok not everyone has to understand, or want to do my lifestyle. But it works for me and I tend to stand by it.
As for  the weight training. He was very helpful, and I wish I could afford some more training there but at $200 a month. I think not! Really $200 A MONTH! Shocking!Anyone wanna show me some cool weight training for like $10 a week or for cookies? I totally paid for my braces in cookies, it can work people!

2 comments:

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun said...

I'm happy to help! I can come up with a basic plan to get you started if you let me know what you want. :)

And you can repay me by watching my kid during an ice storm while I deliver a baby. Oh wait....hehe.

caree said...

I can come up with anything for free cookies! ;)