Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy!

Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy together!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

A trying day!

Today has been a rough day so far. Mostly because Cooper is so sick. His asthma has really flared up with this cold and we have had to do 4 breathing treatments already today. Which doesn't seem to be helping much with his breathing, but he is still hanging in there, and quite spunkily b/c of all the steroids in the prednisone he is taking. He keeps running around and then stopping having a coughing spell and going again. I know the steroids help open his lungs up but it seems there should be an easier way. Oh well, at least we have the medicine to help him and at home.  Between breathing treatments, and trying to keep him from running around, I have been feeding him. b/c remember they are steroids, they are meant to bulk you up and keep your heart rate up.
I remember getting these when I was a little girl, mine were at the emergency room and packed a little more punch and made me starved like a drunken fool (not that I would know ;) ).  I would eat an entire big mac meal after these and still be starving, I was only 8.  I was also the strongest kid in class!
But I know God is with him and me! I keep hearing this song in my head. It's keeping my spirits up and eyes where they should be. I know God will guide us through this time and all of us will stronger because of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtAjrNqEsoM

No comments: