Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy!

Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy together!

Friday, January 14, 2011

The Snow is melting!

Evening everyone! Aren't we all glad the snow is starting to melt? I know I am! I was able to go to airport today to pick up my husband. The boys (not to mention me) were sooooo happy to see him. There is still a little snow on the major highways which freaks everyone here out so they drive crazy like but is perfectly fine otherwise.
Anyways I'm going to make it quick tonight so I can spend some time with the hubbo. Let's get to that  moroccan lentil soup, I made last night! SO GOOD! And SO EASY! And a major plus it help clean out your pantry!

1 frozen bag of onions   ( your welcome to use fresh but I was trying to clean out so)
1 frozen bag of mirepoix (onions, carrots, and celery)
1 teaspoon frozen ginger (just peel fresh ginger and freeze it in a baggie)
  • 6 cups water
  • 1 cup green lentils
  • 2 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 tsp ginger,
  • 1/2 t cinnamon,    (if you don't feel like mixing all these spices, you can just buy s
  • 1/4 t cloves 
  • 1tbsp garlic                                       some garam masala) 
  • 1/2 tsp ground coriander
  • 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil


1. Put onions, mirepoix, ginger, oil and spices in a big pot and let them defrost.
2. Add all the rest of your ingredients and boil for 1 1/2 hours.
3. Take out half and blend until smooth, than return to pot.
4. Serve with rice or pita bread. I had a yellow rice packet in the pantry that seemed to go nicely!

5. Enjoy!

No comments: