Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy!

Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy together!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Hello

Hi my name is Marie and I want to show people how to make cooking healthy easier. Simply put to simplifying cooking. I also am a mother to two beautiful boys Enzo who is 3 and Cooper who is one. Well I hope you all enjoy my recipes and simple rules to make it easy to get a healthy dinner on the table.

Today I'm making a salad and shrimp scampi for New Year's Eve.

I love to pre-prep or cut and wash all my vegetables beforehand but let's face it, it doesn't always happen. But it does make, dinners much easier.  So my salad is already done for me, I just have to pull out my lettuce that is in a plastic air tight container and my vegetables and throw them in a bowl. SO EASY! Next is the shrimp scampi, I know its a little fatting but come one its New Year's Eve. So you'll need:

1 lb of shrimp, I prefer gulf shrimp but I do live in Georgia

1lb of fettuccinni

4 tbls of butter or margarine

6 cloves of garlic - chopped

1/2 onion - chopped

1 cup of dry white wine

two heads of broccoli - chopped and boiled (optional) and of course you can use frozen but not as good

First you want to clean and devein the shrimp, its a long process but well worth it.
       Take the shell off, and then take a small knife down the back and pull out the poop track. Just      
remember to wash your hands when you are done.  :)  and rinse off.  This can be up to two days ahead of time.

Then start up your water for the pasta

chop up your broccoli, garlic and onion.

Add some butter to a pan, when the butter is hot saute up your onion and garlic

Once water is boiling throw in the broccoli for about 5 minutes or until tender, then remove with a slotted spoon.

Then add your pasta to the boiling water.

Add your shrimp to the onion and garlic, cook two minutes, then add the white wine, cook another two minutes.

Drain pasta and add it and broccoli to your shrimp butter mixture.

Enjoy! I love mine with a nice piece of crusty bread!


Does anyone have a new year's resolution?

No comments: