Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy!

Welcome, Let's make healthy cooking simple and easy together!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Spicy black bean soup!

Yesterday and today my husband and I made this from scratch. GO US! I love working with power tools! How about you guys?
Then I made some black bean soup! Yummy!
Spicy Black Bean Soup
  • 2-3 cups of black beans (I use pre-cooked that I had made the day before)
  • 1/2 bell pepper chopped (don't be too picky you are going to puree it at the end)
  • 1/2 onion chopped
  • 3 stalks of celery chopped
  • 3 cups of chicken broths
  • 1tbsp salt
  • 1tbsp pepper
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp coriander
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp mild ground pepper
  • cheese, sour cream, chips, cilantro, pickled hot peppers (for garnish)
  1. Put everything in a pot or crock pot and cook for 3 hours.
  2. Puree up in a blender or with an immersion blender( I like this one, it's just fun)
  3. Serve with your garnish
That's it and it was soooo good!
Recipes coming this week.......garlic oil, eggplant parmesan (or mini pizzas as I like to call them),  thai inspired salad

No comments: